Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday's Weapon! {09.22.10}

Matthew 11:29 Jesus says, “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me.”

The definition of yoke means "to be hooked up to." It was a harness placed upon two oxen. It caused them to plow or work together. When one of them became tired and weak, the other one helped to keep pulling until they could get in sync again.
Jesus is offering to you and me His yoke! He is saying I will help you to make it. When you feel weak and tired, just trust me to help you along and allow you to rest.

Jesus, I take Your yoke upon me. I realize that with out you I will grow weary and faint. I ask for your help, your strength and wisdom in my life. I expect to learn from you. Thank you that I don’t have to go through life alone and that you have provided for me a way to be strengthened.

P Lloyd

No comments: