Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Restful Alertness

Matthew 11: 28/30 -- Come unto me all who are heavy burdened and I will give you rest.
I Peter 5:7-- casting all of your care upon me, for I care for you.


I did a quick read on lions and found that they rest 20 hours a day. Lions are not always sleeping, they are at rest, yet with an alertness of their surroundings. I call it, "Restful Alertness".

Jesus is the giver of rest and peace to us. I think that we to should always be alert, aware of our surroundings. Everyday we deal with the the cares of life. I believe that we should do it with the rest and peace that He offers to us. He says, "I will give you rest."

Since He gives it, then we have to recieve it. One scripture says we are to enter into His rest. As you go through life, make it your goal to start your day entering into His rest.

Thank you Father that you have given me rest for today. I chose to enter into that rest right now. I chose to live my days with a restful alertness. I cast every care on you today, and deal with every situation with peace and rest from you. Than you for the gift of rest.

P Lloyd

No comments: