Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday's Weapon! {02.02.11}

The Good Ole Days

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 119:130 "The entrance of your Word brings light and understanding to the simple"

I got tickled the other day going into the post office. These two elderly gentleman were talking, and I overheard some of the conversation. One said, ”you remember that deer I killed back in 1948?”{63 yrs. ago} The other replied, “that was the best deer I ever ate, those were the good ole days!” I believe that every day we live can be “good ole days”. We are told that God is the giver of each day. We are also told to rejoice in each day! Some days we have to deal with different things. The day itself, is a blessing from God, and we should be glad for the day! The entrance of God’s Word helps us to understand that we are to be thankful for every day. Don’t worry about tomorrow, it will take care of itself.

Thank you Father that you have given me another day to live. I choose to rejoice in it, and recognize Your presence. I believe that with You by my side, I can get through anything that I have to face, and that today can be one of those, “good ole days“. Amen.
~Pastor Lloyd

No comments: