Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wednesday's Weapon! {12.08.10}

Finish Your Race

II Timothy 4:7- "I have finished the race."
Acts 20:24- "...that I may finish my race with joy!"

I once ran in a marathon in Fairfield, Texas. I wasn’t concerned with winning, I just wanted to finish. I did, and was even second in my age group! We ought to have an attitude to win, but at least to finish. How many things have you started out to do and never finished? The Apostle Paul went through so many situations, yet he always continued doing the right thing, knowing that God would help him to finish. I left my job 28 years ago to go into ministry. Like you, I have had plenty opportunities to quit. I made up my mind to finish. I haven’t finished yet, but I am still in the race. I hope you are still doing what God has called you to do. It will be worth it all when you finish. If you have laid something down, pick it up again, and finish your race.

Thank you Father that you not only call us to do things, but you also equip us to get it done. I can do all things through Christ that gives me the strength. I refuse to quit. If I have laid something down, I take it up again. I will finish my race with joy. I want to hear you say, well done.

P Lloyd

No comments: